I know I said that I will try to interview two or three people every week but I was really busy working on some other projects and I somehow neglected this. I’m sorry. However, today’s interview is with Brian Dean from Backlinko. I read his blog for quite long and all his posts are informative and well written. He is one of the leading people in SEO and he really provides plenty of valuable informations on how to properly do Link Building.
”When it comes to Link Building, Brian Dean is the best in the business. ”
I asked Brian for an interview few days ago and he happily accepted. I was honored to interview someone who knows the ”job”. I think that his responds will help you a lot.
So here comes.
1. Can you tell me and my readers more about yourself? Who are you and what are you doing in your life?
2. How did you find in Internet Marketing world?
I came across the whole Internet Marketing world by accident. I recently left graduate school and was looking for some jobs. Despite applying to several jobs a day, I wasn’t haven’t much luck.
Then I strumbled on the book, The Four Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferris. Since then I’ve been obsessed with Internet Marketing.
3. I’m visiting your blog every day, you are sharing some great valuable tips for driving traffic and doing legendary SEO! What do you think is the best way to drive traffic to your site?
-It’s hard to answer that because it depends on the site and industry. For example, a cooking site may do REALLY well on Pinterest due to it’s visual nature. While a company selling insurance would probably want to focus on SEO.
4. What do you think is the best way to earn money online? Choose only one method.
-The best way is to create an awesome site that people want to come back to and then monetizing that. If you don’t know how to create a great site that generates traffic without PPC, you’re going to have tough time making money online.
5. What you would recommend to someone who is starting an Internet Marketing journey and only have $100 budget. Where is the best place to invest that money?
-I’d recommend that they purchase a memorable .com domain ($10) and hosting ($60 year). The extra $30 should be spent on a logo and a custom WordPress theme. Then it’s a matter of creating a content to go along with it.
6. I see you are providing best SEO strategies for free. Is that key to keeping customers happy and also engaging with them on the highest level?
7. What are your future plans?
-I actually plan on updating Link Building- Definitive Guide pretty soon. I want to make that hub people visit regularly to see what’s going on in the SEO and Link Building world.
Thanks for the interview Brian. I wish you all the best in your IM journey.
Work Hard, Dream Big.